Mary Fenwick Grovenstein
Mary Fenwick Grovenstein is a landscape designer and Architectural Historian with a specialty in cultural landscape preservation.
In her career at KED to date, Mary Fenwick has been involved in a wide variety of projects including residential landscape design, campus master planning, and public park design. Before working at KED, she served as a consultant to the National Park Service and cities in the Southeast completing projects for cultural heritage documentation and historic preservation. Her professional experience included cultural landscape reports and inventories, historic resources surveys, national register nominations, and historic structure reports.
Mary Fenwick’s interest in the field is bridging the gap between development and preservation, applying her knowledge of cultural heritage studies in the Southeast to the designs for land development projects.
Representative projects include:
- Landscape Master Plan at North Georgia Technical College, Clarkesville, GA
- Boulevard Woods Neighborhood Park, Athens, GA
- Athens Welcome Center, Athens, GA
- Athens Christian School, Athens, GA
- City of Greenville Historic Resources Survey, Greenville, SC (Previous Firm)
- West Rutherford Street Local Historic District, Athens, GA (Previous Firm)
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site and District, Atlanta, GA (Previous Firm)
- Tuskegee Institute National Historic Site, Tuskegee, AL (Previous Firm)
- City of Eatonton Historic Resources Survey, Eatonton, GA (Independent)